The Daily Grind BMX and Skate Shop

Serving Eastern Ct. for over 13 years with the very best in BMX and Skateboarding.
Call us anytime!! 860-779-6440

Friday, February 15, 2013

Phoenix to Austin, Days 13,14

Woke up on Monday morning the 13th of Jan to bring AMC to the airport and then start driving towards Austin.  We headed back up through Flagstaff and over to Albuquerque NM. We hit some more nasty winter weather during the drive, then it would change back to sun and cactus and desert and then in Albuquerque it was back to snow.  We got a hotel for night and then Continued in the AM.

Stopped at the Painted Desert again for a quick look.  I took a trip years back with an ex girly girl of mine across the country and we stopped here, I thought it was really cool.   I told Hennessey about it cause he was traveling that way. He sent me a post card of himself in this same spot thumbs down.  It's hanging in my office still.  I still think it is amazing to see miles of smooth colored rock, would be a sweeet edit if you could get out there and ride.   Worth the stop if your traveling on 40, it's one minute off the highway and only takes a few minutes to see the 4 or 5 view points.
    Day 14 was mostly driving once again, Texas brought us lots of nothing.  Long flat roads.  "Nothing to see here."


We stopped at the famous Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo. This was really cool to see. Dan was supposed to help me navigate on this trip while I drove everywhere. So since that wasn't happening I took the ol IPad and started looking it up, since we were in Amarillo I figured we needed to find where it was. Just as I am reading aloud, "It says we should be able to see it from the highway" Dan shouts out, "YOU MEAN THOSE CARS RIGHT THERE!!!" We were passing it as I was looking it up, I swerved just in time to make the exit. That was pretty much the extent of Dans Navigation on this trip. lots of "You need to take a right coming up.... no you just passed it." Thanks Dan!!! You can not navigate anytime still buddy.
"We out here" and it's cold.....

No comments: