The Daily Grind BMX and Skate Shop

Serving Eastern Ct. for over 13 years with the very best in BMX and Skateboarding.
Call us anytime!! 860-779-6440

Friday, September 6, 2013

On the fence...


If you know me at all you know I love just about everything BMX.  This year after all the work of putting on New England Jam Chowda, and having that huge BMX festival here in town, I really wanted to go to Texas Toast, the biggest BMX event in the US the 3rd week in Oct.
    Austin is sooo amazing for BMX and I can't wait to get there again.  Thing is, my Momdukes booked this amazing trip to St. Thomas the same week.  I have been sitting on this fence for a few weeks, which one do I go to??  It seems like both would be ideal, but I can only be away from the store for 1 week, and both is not an option as it takes about two days to get from Austin to St. Thomas (from Boston to St. Thomas is under 4 hours-go figure) and it's just not worth the money to be in either place for only 2 days...
    Sooo after many days I have finally jumped the fence and bought my plane tickets last night!!   Super psyched to see NORA cup, a T-1 party, and the whos who of BMX will be in Austin, while I am sitting on the beach with my Mom dukes, uncle Bob, and AMC.  Bottom line comes down to spending time with the people you love while you can. Looking forward to an amazing time away from bikes for a few days...  Thanks for opportunity Ma!!!!  

No comments: