The Daily Grind BMX and Skate Shop

Serving Eastern Ct. for over 13 years with the very best in BMX and Skateboarding.
Call us anytime!! 860-779-6440

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Davenport again, why not?

This place was so much fun I had to post a few more and tell the story. Henny sent me an email with some coordinates to the spot. You can't see the Davenport ditch from the road but it is easily 100 feet off the road up a small path. Our bikes are in bike bags all apart in the Van so once we parked across the street in a small pull off spot, the guys were like "Should we pro-walk it or just build em and go?" I was already half done building my bike in the excitement of riding here for the first time! So they all followed and built bikes, grabbed the camera stuff and made way to the spot. At first sight it was dissapointment from the guys. The ditch was completely full of water, prolly 2 feet deep. I got the brunt of the jokes, "Good thing we built our bikes... Way to go, glad we didn't walk it first..." and so on. I started riding around the very wet and slippery out side edges. Then Dan was hitting the small spine on the back side and everyone settled on staying for a bit. Once a Dan and I rode around, Sam and Joe started trying it out. We had such a blast laughing about how slippery it was and just trying to ride along the edges and not slide out and fall in... It was so fun watching each other just ride such a simple thing. I am so happy that i was hell bent on riding this place cause had we walked it first, we would turned back towards the road and missed out on a few amazing hours...

Sometimes the most epic spots are on the outer edges of the most epic spots.

Joe landed this one, the downside pic is so good but I can show it cause Joe asked me not to and Dan will never let me forget it even if I made it clear that a foot never made it to the pedal, so thanks for that guys, one of the best pics I have ever taken I will just throw away.... Or maybe make a huge poster of it later!!

Dan did this gap, hop on to the ledge and then hop off to the quarter. It was seriously so crazy because of what you had to do to get to that ledge. Awesomeness.

DG style old man tabley top. Classic me, love it!!

No comments: